sex and breed?

I got them a attwoods the black one was in the straight run brood and the yellow in the pullete brood. But not sure they are all the same age either does that matter
i was just wondering where you got them because different places order fro different hatcheries and that could down size the number of breeds we can choose from.

The black one looks like an Australorp. The white chick could be a Light Brahma.

I don't think that is an Austrolorp... I have almost 30 austrolorps and have hatched out half of them and none of them looked like that at that age. Looks more like a black sexlink, Domonique, or a barred rock!

it might be a black giant-barred rock and dominique have more white on them and there legs are yellow-from what i see the legs are black and black giants have black legs. i have never owned sexlink so im not sure

Last edited:
Thank you all honestly only the black ones sex matters most to me. Since its name is cocky has it has an attitude like you would not believe.

Haha I only had mine a few days and the one I call peguin actually runs out of that cage to me when I open the door she loves being held. But cocky only comes near if I tap my finger making a knocking noise on the ground. Then he teases like he is going to let me hold him then flaps off but loves to perch on my fingers.

they sound like fun!
gig.gif

I don't know her breed but I noticed tonight that she has 5 toes three in front and two off the side on both feet and before you say she needs her feet cleaned those are little feathers I have no clue what her breed is. But just thought the 5 toes was a bit odd. Do I need to worry or is this common with her breed? Oh and she has putty but which I been taking care of when I got her she had no fluff on her hind end and no tail now she is growing feathers no more bald tush and her tail is comming in. Her baby pick is above

Last edited:
I don't know her breed but I noticed tonight that she has 5 toes three in front and two off the side on both feet and before you say she needs her feet cleaned those are little feathers I have no clue what her breed is. But just thought the 5 toes was a bit odd. Do I need to worry or is this common with her breed? Oh and she has putty but which I been taking care of when I got her she had no fluff on her hind end and no tail now she is growing feathers no more bald tush and her tail is comming in. Her baby pick is above
I see fluffy cheeks, pinkish/white skin, 5 toes, and feathered legs. Looks like you have a Salmon Faverolle. And judging by the coloring on those feathers coming in, it's a pullet for sure.

Back
Top Bottom