SEX LINKED EASTER EGGERS?

jasondgarza

Chirping
Jun 13, 2015
Greenville TX
If I cross this roo with my barred rocks would I get sex link easter eggers? I know I would get sex links with the welsummer roo behind him but he's still a teenager lol.

Almost any male (except for white or barred) over barred hens will produce sex links. So yes, he should produce sex linked chicks. His comb doesn't look like a typical pea comb, so I am not sure his daughters would lay a green egg though.

Your roo has a lot of white feathering. So... not sure how successful the sex linking will be. As far as the egg color, the only way you'll know for sure if he carries the blue egg gene is to try it. My avatar roo makes beautiful EE sex links. You might want to take your ? to the sex linked information thread.

He does have a lot of white no barring though more splotches than anything. All his sisters from that hatch lay green eggs. Just curious because I love his color. May just keep him with the other easter eggers. Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated. :)

Ok so update on my cross. I ended up with several white chicks with a few black spots on them and several that came out black sex link. All with pea combs and slate colored legs. Wierd how genetics works but they are so cute. All of them have the muffs and beards too. I'm happy with the outcome but thought I would share. Hopefully get some green eggs from the cross.

Ok so update on my cross. I ended up with several white chicks with a few black spots on them and several that came out black sex link. All with pea combs and slate colored legs. Wierd how genetics works but they are so cute. All of them have the muffs and beards too. I'm happy with the outcome but thought I would share. Hopefully get some green eggs from the cross.
If you got white chicks, the rooster is dominant white. Not the best choice for sexlinking, since the white will mask any barring present. Any chicks with barring will be male, but the white ones will be wait and see.

I know it's so wierd because I have the white ones but half of the others are either solid black females or black males with a white head spot. I'll take a pic. Also hatched some from him and my easter egger hens that are coming out light blond chipmunks.

Back
Top Bottom