Sex- linked Information

True. I've been doing it for a few years now.
It can be any rooster that's chocolate or has chocolate in its pattern over any hens that are black or have a pattern with black.
Also done double sex linked. Chocolate male over barred hens.
Male offspring will be black barred and females non barred chocolate.

True. I've been doing it for a few years now.
It can be any rooster that's chocolate or has chocolate in its pattern over any hens that are black or have a pattern with black.
Also done double sex linked. Chocolate male over barred hens.
Male offspring will be black barred and females non barred chocolate.
I've been considering doing this so I can sell sexed Chocolate Orp Pullets. I need to find black Orps though. I have 3 chocolate hens and I'm going to get a Chocolate Trio on Monday.

I have a mixed flock. My main Roo is a RIR. When my lil OEB went Broody I let her hatch some of the eggs. I only had 2 white egg layers. Her and my silver phoenix. Sadly my phoenix passed :( last summer. He came from the only white egg she had and I'm pretty sure it was her own. The other 3 chicks were from my Turken and my 2 red sex links. Those 3 where all hens. Would he be considered as a sex link? He is the only chick that had any white.
PicsArt_04-09-10.18.44.png
PicsArt_04-14-06.00.04.png

No he's not a sex link.
What do you mean "main rooster"? Does that mean another rooster is in the mix and could be father?
If the RIR is the father id say the cockerel is from him and one of your red sex links.
Guessing your red sex links are reddish with some white?
The white is dominate white which with one dose or two replaces black.
The cockerel got one dominate white gene from a sex link and that's why his black tail was changed to white.

No the RIR is only roo in that pen and he has the most hens. The red and white got his own pen and then I have my silkie/Cochin pen. I didn't have a second roo till the red and white was hatched. The red and white came out of a white egg. His mama is eithe the wheten or the silver phoenix I had. The others were a naked neck so her mama is obvious the other 2 are very dark red like their dad. Much darker than the original sex links. One has white on her the other doesn't but has a lil black on the tips of her tail feathers but thet are the same shade of red. I wasn't going for sex link. I jus wanted to see what i would get and if she would raise them. The OEB is broody now and setting on 5 of her own eggs. I crossed her with the red and white to see what i would get. If she really is the mom They will be 3/4 OEB and 1/4 RIR. These pics are the dark red hens that hatched with the red and white. And separate pics of my sex links.
20171022_164319.jpg
20180414_085253.jpg
20180414_085204.jpg

20171022_164319.jpg
20180414_085253.jpg
20180414_085204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom