Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics

I only have 1 BR, and am a 1st time chicken parent, so I'm curious. From what i've read on this thread, I think my BR can stay named Prudence.... But, her stance is so different from the rest of my flock. She stands "taller" most of the time. Thoughts?

I only have 1 BR, and am a 1st time chicken parent, so I'm curious. From what i've read on this thread, I think my BR can stay named Prudence.... But, her stance is so different from the rest of my flock. She stands "taller" most of the time. Thoughts?
She does have a roo stance, but I think a little too young for anything definitive. Get clear photos of her feathers in a couple weeks.

So I started out with 13 chicks. 4 of which were BRs. I have lost all but one of my BRs! And the one I'm left with looks like a Roo. He was the lightest of all my wee ones. Sigh. What do y'all think? He'll be 3 weeks this Tuesday, I believe.

So I started out with 13 chicks. 4 of which were BRs. I have lost all but one of my BRs! And the one I'm left with looks like a Roo. He was the lightest of all my wee ones. Sigh. What do y'all think? He'll be 3 weeks this Tuesday, I believe.

It does look like a cockerel unfortunately. Sorry you lost the rest of them. :(

Back
Top Bottom