Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics
hi tried to get come closeup shots of my "suspected" rooster...can you tell I'm hoping Cecile really isn't a Cecil? lol
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Okay...I'm trying not to obsess over this! Out of my 13 babies that were all supposed to be pullets, two are already definitely roos. I am in the process of deciding about keeping/rehoming them, and now this! My always runty and sickly little almost 6 week old barred rock has developed some red in her wattles! She had a suspect head spot, but dark legs. She feathered like normal ~ keeping right up with her 'sister', although she was always smaller, so her tail feathers seemed smaller ~ but her wings and the rest of the feathers seemed normal. She's pretty all over dark, and her comb is still yellow...but I'm afraid! What is your gut?

Here she is at about 2 days old.

Here she is, in the front, at about 2 1/2 weeks

Now...almost 6 weeks. It is hard to get a good shot of the red...it is much more bright in real life.

There she is towards the back...see that tail? It always looks like that. But she seems very dark, even compared to the other BR near the front (which I am quite certain is a female). So...I'd love to know your thoughts! Thanks SO much!

Okay...I'm trying not to obsess over this! Out of my 13 babies that were all supposed to be pullets, two are already definitely roos. I am in the process of deciding about keeping/rehoming them, and now this! My always runty and sickly little almost 6 week old barred rock has developed some red in her wattles! She had a suspect head spot, but dark legs. She feathered like normal ~ keeping right up with her 'sister', although she was always smaller, so her tail feathers seemed smaller ~ but her wings and the rest of the feathers seemed normal. She's pretty all over dark, and her comb is still yellow...but I'm afraid! What is your gut? Here she is at about 2 days old. Here she is, in the front, at about 2 1/2 weeks Now...almost 6 weeks. It is hard to get a good shot of the red...it is much more bright in real life. There she is towards the back...see that tail? It always looks like that. But she seems very dark, even compared to the other BR near the front (which I am quite certain is a female). So...I'd love to know your thoughts! Thanks SO much!
Pullet

Half the time I think my barred rocks are girls then I start thinking they are boys. Back and forth I can't decide! They are over 3 weeks old currently.

Fefe on the left, Pickles on the right

Fefe up close. My favorite and friendliest out of my 8.

Any opinions on gender please?

Half the time I think my barred rocks are girls then I start thinking they are boys. Back and forth I can't decide! They are over 3 weeks old currently.

Fefe and Pickles are pullets. :)

Fefe and Pickles are pullets. :)
X2

Back
Top Bottom