Sexing Barred Rocks

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about the sex of these babies. They are around 5 weeks.

No. 1's comb looks a little supsicious, but I'm not an expert. I found with mine it was hard to be sure until around 8 or 9 weeks, when the cockerel's feathering was clearly lighter than the others and he started challenging my other cockerels. His comb and wattles also only really started to develop then. At 5 weeks I had a couple of pullets who's combs looked bigger and pinker like your no. 1 but turned out to be girls after all. Someone with a better eye might help more, but I'd give it another 3 or 4 weeks to be sure.

12 day old barred rock, boy or girl?
[/IMG]

Wondering about these two. Probably too soon to tell but I'm thinking the first one is a male based on his light color and barring and light legs.

I suspected that from the very beginning so I wouldn't be surprised. The second one is my absolute favorite and I'm hoping and praying it's a girl because I really don't want to have to let her go!

Using the bright barring, the headspot which Iooks to be running a bit down... legs lighter too? I'd say safe bet roo.
The second is the dark, drab barring that pullets develop and the dark legs that makes me agree with you, likely pullet.

Hi, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could confirm this is indeed a Roo? We took a gamble at the poultry supplier and after reading BR Plymouth threads I'm pretty sure I'm right. If it is a Roo we won't be able to keep him
2639.png

Hi, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could confirm this is indeed a Roo? We took a gamble at the poultry supplier and after reading BR Plymouth threads I'm pretty sure I'm right. If it is a Roo we won't be able to keep him
2639.png

Id say hen, but its to early. I have hens with yellow legs and roos with dark legs all pbr. Have to wait until feathering shows.

I purchased two Plymouth Rock "pullets" atTSC two weeks ago but they look really different in their legs and in the way their feathers are coming in. One has way more. I would love help identifying them!

Here side by side...#1 on the left

Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom