Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics
This site is a wealth of knowledge. We just got our first chicks in March and have already learned so much. You should post your chicks again in a week or two so we can see how they are turning out. :)
ok I will, thank you. And I am glad I found this site. I was buying books and always going to different sites to find answers to so many questions, but thanks to this site, I look only here from now on. This is my first time raising chickens and so far I believe I am doing a pretty good job.

Hey gals and guys!!

Ive got 15- 3 1/2 weeks old chickies, 3 BR. I ordered all pullets but one of the barred rocks is quite a bit larger than the other two, more prominent stripes, and thick legs. The comb is a lot larger and turning red faster
than all the others. This chickie is the bravest and most dominant of the flock.

Could you offer your thoughts on the sex, please?

Thank you in advance!

NN

Hey gals and guys!! Ive got 15- 3 1/2 weeks old chickies, 3 BR. I ordered all pullets but one of the barred rocks is quite a bit larger than the other two, more prominent stripes, and thick legs. The comb is a lot larger and turning red faster than all the others. This chickie is the bravest and most dominant of the flock. Could you offer your thoughts on the sex, please? Thank you in advance! NN
Cockerel

Here's my Lucy at 2 months and 1 week. so is she keeping her name as LUCY???? [/quote not that I am an expert by any means but I'd say yes she is definitely a she. Here is my "Cecil" (formerly "Cecile" at the same age:

Can anyone sex mine? I've started a forum but I'm hoping to get more answers! Everyone is saying such different things and exceptions that I think I might just have to wait and see what they are later! Thoughts??

Back
Top Bottom