Sexing frizzle bantam Cochin?

Thanks! I'm excited I got a pullet. Will a bantam rooster crow as loud as a standard size rooster? I live in a subdivision and have these as pets. I don't want to make my neighbors angry. My hens aren't quite. They are always telling the others when they lay so some noise is ok. Just don't want it to be as loud
1f601.png
1f60a.png

Will a bantam try to mate with a full size chicken?

I've never had a bantam cockerel or rooster try to breed a standard hen but mine were total wussies anyways XD
and I've never had a standard Rooster or cockerel but at poultry shows and the Fair it seems the standard cocks are always more deep and more of an echo whilst the Bantams seem higher pitched,

Oh yes, some bantam roosters are very athletic and do breed the larger hens. I have heard of Silkies and seramas roos catching the girls at a opportune moment.

I keep some bantam cochins roosters with large breed hens and they mate them fine, sometimes they take longer though. Their crow is a bit less loud but still a crow.

I got this Frizzle cochin a few weeks ago. I guessing it's 3-4 weeks. Any ideas whether it's a pullet or Roo?

I got 3 frizzle cochins in mid April as chicks. I'm wondering if they all 3 are roosters?? Any ideas?
White, red, and black has rooed at 5am for a week so that one is confirmed now.

I got 3 frizzle cochins mid April and I am wondering if they are all roosters??
The black was pretty much confirmed with morning rooing several days on a row at 5:30. I have heard squawks frm.the white and maybe now the red?
Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom