Sexing Month Old Seramas?

They all appear to be pullets judging by their coloring and pretty small comb size.
smile.png

I agree; all pullets. :eek:)

@Rhodebar Lover @foghat leghorn @QueenMisha @Michael OShay

Thank you all so much & thank you for the pictures! Its so hard to find references for Serama sexing! The early red made me nervous but then I remembered Serama hens are allowed to have big waddles and combs too
1f602.png
They all fight like kindergardeners & couldnt tell if it was rooster dominance or pecking order
1f602.png
Thank you all so much again!! :)
2764.png

@Rhodebar Lover @foghat leghorn @QueenMisha @Michael OShay

Thank you all so much & thank you for the pictures! Its so hard to find references for Serama sexing! The early red made me nervous but then I remembered Serama hens are allowed to have big waddles and combs too
1f602.png
They all fight like kindergardeners & couldnt tell if it was rooster dominance or pecking order
1f602.png
Thank you all so much again!!
smile.png
2764.png

You're welcome. :eek:)

Delta is adorable. I was hoping for a frizzle out of my hatch, or at least a little variety, but all 6 of my little ones came out looking identical. I'm new to Seramas and hoping they change a bit as they feather out.

Delta is adorable. I was hoping for a frizzle out of my hatch, or at least a little variety, but all 6 of my little ones came out looking identical. I'm new to Seramas and hoping they change a bit as they feather out.

Thank you!
2764.png
Seramas are fun little things I love them! They all have such fun personalities they're almost human! They carry some fun genes with them like frizzled, smooth and silkie - I thought they were all smooth Seramas until Deltas tail started to curl up
1f602.png

Oh wow! So, do the first little pin feathers come in pretty smooth then? Mine are about a week old.

Last edited:
Oh wow! So, do the first little pin feathers come in pretty smooth then? Mine are about a week old.​

I found a cute baby photo of my little when they went outside for the first time! You can see Delta up close with her little tail feathers starting to roll up
1f602.png
Id say there were about 3-4 weeks here :)

And then there's Zippy; always trying to hog the spot light...

Well, it's not looking like I got any frizzles in my hatch. At almost 4 weeks old, they're still looking pretty much the same! They're like one big, collective ball of spunk. I really love these guys! Because I'm only used to LF, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with these guys as it gets colder. We thought about building an indoor coop for night and using a tractor in the day. What do you do? Do they have an outside coop? My 3 LF ladies (2 Speckled Sussex and an Australorp) free range in the day and sneak inside via doggie door whenever they need to lay or just feel like watching some TV.... Anyway, I got some pretty good pics of my Seramas, so here they are! How are your LOs doing?

Back
Top Bottom