Sexing my 9-10 week silver Polish!! Any guesses??

jjbiehle

Hatching
May 17, 2015
This is Sparkles. Any thoughts on gender? No crowing yet, but she/he does seem to have a different poof ball of hair than my golden polish, but I'm new to this so I have no idea what to expect... Neither appear to have any waddles at all, but the silver has slight pink coloration in the area where waddles would be. What age would I expect crowing to start?

Its a roo! I'm so jealous none of my polish chicks survived
1f61e.png
but I do have some adults and that is most certainly a roo

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! JK... I suspected... I can't have a rooster so I'll have to get rid of him the second he starts crowing... but he's sooooooo beautiful and cute. :( Is it the crest feathers that give it away? I have watched his crest come in completely differently than the golden's... hers (at least I'm pretty sure she's a girl because her head is shaped like big birds - if you have a different opinion please let me know) came out in an even round ball, and the silvers came out later and soooo scraggly looking - it took forever to fill in evenly.

Yes I believe that the GL is a hen. Ugh I wish we lived remotely close i would so buy him from you if you didn't have other plans

I'm in CA... Where are you? The breeder I got them from will take them back, but I know he is looking at possibly selling his farm fairly soon and I hate them idea of him just getting bounced around or put down... Silly, I know, but I feel responsible for him. I'd love to find him a longterm solution where he can be loved!! Maybe I'll get lucky and he will just be a mute and I can secretly keep him forever! haha

I'm still going to hold out for a miracle and keep praying for an egg before a crow!!

Back
Top Bottom