Sexing New Hampshire X Delaware - and breeding future generations

davidmpenning

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2019
Michigan
I’ve been doing some research, and I like the idea of putting a New Hampshire rooster over Delaware hens in order to have chicks that can be easily sexed. And as long as my NH rooster is doing well, I can keep that trait going for generations!

But at some point I’ll need a new rooster. And my hens will be mostly from that cross - so they won’t be pure Delaware anymore.

So my question is if there’s any way to keep that sexing trait for future generations that all carry the genes of both the NH and Delaware?

Thanks in advance!!

I’ve been doing some research, and I like the idea of putting a New Hampshire rooster over Delaware hens in order to have chicks that can be easily sexed. And as long as my NH rooster is doing well, I can keep that trait going for generations!

But at some point I’ll need a new rooster. And my hens will be mostly from that cross - so they won’t be pure Delaware anymore.

So my question is if there’s any way to keep that sexing trait for future generations that all carry the genes of both the NH and Delaware?

Thanks in advance!!
NH Male x Delaware femal will give you gold/Silver sex link in the first generation, gold females and Silver/gold males, but the sex link stops there. The progeny cant produce sex links any longer.

You could cross the f1 females back to a Delaware rooster and take to female chicks from this backcross back to a New Hampshire red rooster to get sex-links again

Back
Top Bottom