Sexing of Ayam Cemani chicks

Would also like to see an update. Especially if someone can add any known, proven tricks to sexing them when they hatch .. other than watching for comb growth. It's been a year now.

I need help/advice on my 2 Cemanis. I bought 3, 2 females and one male. One female I knew wasnt right and it did die a few days later with my best effort to keep it alive. Well they are 4 weeks old now and my female is so tiny. Literally hasnt grown an oz in 4 weeks. No new feathers or anything. The male has grown beautifully and is active and social. I really had a reality check when a week ago I bought a 3 day old EE for my son ( he just had to have her) and she was bigger than my Cemani that was at least 3 weeks old at that time and yet a week later my EE chick is bigger than my Cemani. WTH? Please tell me what I can do? It acts like a newly hatched chick. Always looking for another chick (which even being the same age) can sit on her and they do. Luckly as young as mine Silkie and Ameraucana/Wyandottoe mix are they are broody already and care for my midgit Cemani. Why has this happened???!!! He are some pics of my 2 Cemanis from last week for size comp and I added an egg for size comp too. Any advice would be great. Thanks so much. I will raise and baby this one for life if need be but Id like it to have a normal life like the rest.

Same issue. This was Omega. He was already 3 weeks in this picture. He didn't make it.

Attachments

• 20201106_080153.jpg
    20201106_080153.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom