Sexing silkies!

This one is about 7 week old. Can you tell me what sex?

Big comb for 7 weeks! I would guess roo

Hi all!
Do anybody have a clue if its a boy or a girl?
3 ppl said it was female.she was the smallest an roundest from all the chicks.have a nice fluff on the head.
Any idea??:)
[/IMG]

Hope for a girl! She is 2 months old:))

Last edited:
I posted my concern a couple of weeks ago about my singleton Silkie and was able to find a couple of Silkies to add to my small flock. Below are a couple of pictures I took today of the new babies. They are settling in nicely
big_smile.png
We ended up with another white one and a partridge. Omelette and Mocha! Mocha is so fluffy!

IMPULSE IS HAPPY AGAIN
celebrate.gif

I TOOK THIS PICTURE THE DAY WE BROUGHT THE BABIES HOME; LOOK CLOSE, YOU CAN SEE A BABY TUCKED UNDER IMPULSE! SHE LOVED THE FROM THE FIRST DAY
love.gif

Anyone??:(
Hi all!
Do anybody have a clue if its a boy or a girl?
3 ppl said it was female.she was the smallest an roundest from all the chicks.have a nice fluff on the head.
Any idea??:)
[/IMG]

Hope for a girl! She is 2 months old:))

Last edited:
I have a 7 month old Beardless Silkie. There have been no signs of crowing. I did find a tiny egg a few weeks ago, but only have 1 older hen that lays eggs, so I'm not sure if it might be hers. Do felmale beardless get combs and wattles? It doesn't stand upright like the pictures of other cockerels. Any guesses on sex?

I have a 7 month old Beardless Silkie. There have been no signs of crowing. I did find a tiny egg a few weeks ago, but only have 1 older hen that lays eggs, so I'm not sure if it might be hers. Do felmale beardless get combs and wattles? It doesn't stand upright like the pictures of other cockerels. Any guesses on sex?

11/03/2016 - It's a girl! She laid her 1st egg yesterday. She started the submissive squat about a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom