Sexing silkies!

Hi there! This a paint Silkie aged 3-4 weeks. What do you think?

Looks like a little girl to me! Hunched posture and no wattle development :)

These are two brown silkies that I wasn't sure about. I think they are roo's?? but I am not familiar with this breed. The bottom two pictures are of the same one, I was just trying to get a decent shot as s/he would not be still! As far as I am aware they are full grown or near to it. We bought them just over a week ago. :)

So I'm thinking I have a rooster. Any help anybody can provide would be appreciated. He is about 5 months old and we just had a rain storm so excuse the feathers
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

I'm a newbie to keeping chickens. I found a stray chicken in the neighborhood and started feeding it and decided to keep it so it wouldn't get hurt. I recently got 2 Silkie chicks to keep her company. I wondered if you could tell their sex, as I can't keep a rooster in the city limits? They are around 3 months old.

Hello, I have 4 silkie chicks about 10 weeks old and only 1 has developed waddles. Does this look like a roo to you? We can't have them where we live so I don't want to wait for a crow... hoping someone with ore silkie experience can confirm my suspicion or make us super happy and tell me this is not a sure fire thing yet :) Thanks!

I bought 6 "bantam silkies" from Tractor Supply on 3/10/16. They were 4 days old at the time. So, that would make them about 4 months old here. Is this little chick male or female? My son calls him "little guy" because he's so much smaller than the other 5 chicks.More pics of other chicks to follow this post.

Btw we are newbie chicken parents.

Back
Top Bottom