Sexing silkies!

What sex is this one? About 4 months old. We call him Green Cheek.

I'm a newbie to keeping chickens. I found a stray chicken in the neighborhood and started feeding it and decided to keep it so it wouldn't get hurt. I recently got 2 Silkie chicks to keep her company. I wondered if you could tell their sex, as I can't keep a rooster in the city limits? They are around 3 months old.

Based on my limited experience, I think the white one is a girl based on its hunched posture, small comb, and more rounded crest. I think the brown one is a boy since the crest feathers are heading straight back, it's posture stands upright and its comb appears kind of large. Anyone else?

Can anyone help with my grey silkie. I thought it was a pullet but now thinking roo.
Not a great pic but hopefully you can see. Thanks
263a.png

"She" is about three months old, she was with two confirmed males that I have already rehomed. I didn't think this was a male because her ear lobe isn't as bright and her comb is flat as opposed to the males spikes? Please say vagina!!! She's the only silkie I have left!!!!

Here are some better pics of my silkie. Pullet or roo? Also can anyone have a go at approximating an age as I have no idea as they were given to me. Previous owners wasn't sure on age.

Back
Top Bottom