Sexing young chicks

My lovely 8 year old wanted to help and take pictures for me. So here is a FABULOUS pic of my male. ( her words of course) I will try to get a better one tomorrow. I didn't have any of the chick that was worth posting. I think she was trying for action shots? But I learned my lesson and will now check out her awesome pics from now on if I plan on posting them. :-/

Considering her age that is a pretty Fabulous and Awesome pic!
clap.gif
Pretty Peacock as well!

Thank you. Can you tell if he is a black shouldered? Or just a regular blue?

Regular blue, I'll see if I can find a pic of a BS at a similar age.

Not the best pic, but if you blow it up you may be able to see the difference in the patterning on the shoulder and wings.

My girl has been taking pictures since she was big enough to hold a camera. I have tons saved that I have been putting in an album that I plan on giving her when she's all grown up. It is kinda funny looking through them, shejust like every child went thrthrough phases where she was obsessed with certain things so I have rolls of film that were nothing but flowers, some butterflys, some are close up of peoples faces ( I have to admit that phase was a little annoying)lol and theres one roll I wasn't sure about but I think she took pictures of like every weed and blade of grass in the yard? Oh and her toad pictures. Lots of toads. I don't think the peacock pic was horrible but i wasn't sure if he was at a good angle?

My girl has been taking pictures since she was big enough to hold a camera. I have tons saved that I have been putting in an album that I plan on giving her when she's all grown up. It is kinda funny looking through them, shejust like every child went thrthrough phases where she was obsessed with certain things so I have rolls of film that were nothing but flowers, some butterflys, some are close up of peoples faces ( I have to admit that phase was a little annoying)lol and theres one roll I wasn't sure about but I think she took pictures of like every weed and blade of grass in the yard? Oh and her toad pictures. Lots of toads. I don't think the peacock pic was horrible but i wasn't sure if he was at a good angle?

Ah, photography! A wonderful hobby for your girl to get into! I personally don't think it's a bad angle. But that's coming from me who's also a photographer and enjoys taking photos from whatever angle I feel fits.

If these birds were taken with open wings it could be an interesting picture that would ride a big difference between the wing of a young cock and the wing of a young peahen.
The last feathers of the wing would be red / brown and the other in gray / brown.

If these birds were taken with open wings it could be an interesting picture that would ride a big difference between the wing of a young cock and the wing of a young peahen.
The last feathers of the wing would be red / brown and the other in gray / brown.

At this age they pretty much look the same , i think these peas were are around 10 week in the photo. ,i will see if i can find a photo of them with a side view
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom