Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

This afternoon not only did C not shoo them away, the looked rather happy with the chickens scratching around while they dug. C even threw them the worms they found!
Are you sure it was C and not her twin sister? 😅 What a difference with the way you described her two years ago. 💜

Skeksis would have been 5 yrs old today. I miss her so damn much. I've never had such a close bond with an animal, and probably never will again. This clip is a few years old. She was telling me she did not like the squirrel she just saw running on the edge of the coop roof.

:hugs

I don't know how I missed this article from one of the best and most active educators on BYC.
I like to try and promote such articles and given it's Spring which means natural broody season, now would seem a good time to do it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...rst-turkey-strut-to-weaning-the-chicks.76878/
I was wondering where the hell all the reviews were coming from! :lol:
Thanks everyone that provided one.

I can't wait for the season to kick in!! The couple that bought my dad's house and I are still great friends. It was the oddest house sale I ever did. We all worked together to get the house to the point it could be mortgaged THEN I sold it to them!

The wife reached out to me recently and told me they want chickens!! I of course informed her to send hubs over for a tutorial on how the coop should be built (he and I worked great together finishing up dad's house before closing) and I told her I will have my hens hatch out chicks for them but they couldn't have them until my flock was done raising them. They also agreed to take the best cockerel of the bunch so super important that they all remain in my flock and graduate from the "Chicken School of Hard Knocks"!

I was wondering where the hell all the reviews were coming from! :lol:
Thanks everyone that provided one.

I can't wait for the season to kick in!! The couple that bought my dad's house and I are still great friends. It was the oddest house sale I ever did. We all worked together to get the house to the point it could be mortgaged THEN I sold it to them!

The wife reached out to me recently and told me they want chickens!! I of course informed her to send hubs over for a tutorial on how the coop should be built (he and I worked great together finishing up dad's house before closing) and I told her I will have my hens hatch out chicks for them but they couldn't have them until my flock was done raising them. They also agreed to take the best cockerel of the bunch so super important that they all remain in my flock and graduate from the "Chicken School of Hard Knocks"!
That is awesome! So they will have an excellent start on raising their own tribe!

Back
Top Bottom