Share what you are making in the kitchen... for gifts!

We are making quite a few things

Soup in a jars-
Farmhouse soup
Cheese soup
Confetti bean soup and chicken noodle

Other mix in a jars-
Buttermilk pancake
Oatmeal pancake
Chili (we never buy chili mix after this one. Mmmmm good)

Other items-
Cookies
Eggnog bread
Chocolate rum syrup
Cranberry muffins

You guys have got me so hyped up and all I do is bake and cook day in and day out... and yet, you are getting me to go back into the kitchen when I'm supposed to be DONE!!!
lol.png

I'm thinking some chocolate covered pretzels w/ Sea salt would be nice for my Brother. Not that I need to give him anymore chocolate!
roll.png

Quote:
Oh you need to share recipes for the chili mix, buttermilk pancake and oatmeal, pretty please!

LOL well if no one minds me hijacking the thread. I will go dig them out in a bit and post them.

Nothing
hide.gif

I will be making gluten-free cranberry bread and pumpkin cheesecake for us, but instead of sending baked goods, I just give family magazine subscriptions. As for friends, they all get a calendar from my company. That's about all the budget can take
big_smile.png

I used to make pumpkin bread and pumpkin rolls, but since going low carb, I don't have flour and sugar on hand anymore. As for my homemade meads and ciders...I know too many wine snobs I guess! They wont even try it.

Ok here is that chili mix

Chili Jar Mix

Ingredients:
1¼ cups flour
½ cup dried onion (flakes or minced)
2/3 cup chili powder
3 tbsp beef bouillon powder or salt
1½ tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp pepper
2 tsp sugar
To Assemble this Gift in a Jar:
Mix all ingredients, stirring very well to combine. Pack in a 2 cup jar and attach gift tag which includes instructions.

To use the free printable gift tag, print it and cut it out, then fold in half and in half again, so that the picture is on the front and the recipe directions are inside. Fill in the name of the gift recipient and your own name. Punch a hole in the top left corner of the tag to tie it to the jar.
Recipe instructions are as follows:
Brown or microwave 1 pound of ground beef (Optional: you can chop and add an onion if you wish). Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chili seasoning mix over beef, and stir well. Add a 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes; a 15 oz can undrained kidney beans; a 14 oz can of baked beans. Simmer or reheat in the microwave for 20 minutes until flavors are mixed and chili is hot. Enjoy!

Pancake mixes

Buttermilk Pancake Mix gift in a jar recipe

Makes 10 cups of mix
2 cups buttermilk powder
8 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 tsp baking powder
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt

Sift the ingredients together well. Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid.

To make the mix:
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup water, or more as needed.
1 1/2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (see above)
Mix ingredients until blended. Let it stand five minutes.
Makes 10 pancakes.
Notes: Use the mix within 6 months of when you make it. If you can't find buttermilk powder in your local grocery store, try a bulk food store.

Oatmeal Pancakes mix

4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup instant dry nonfat milk
3 Tbl baking powder
2 Tbl cinnamon
5 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Mix all ingredients well. Store in a sealed container. Recipe makes 5 batches or 10 cups. Attach following pancake recipe to mix when giving it as a gift:

Oatmeal Pancakes
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
2 cups pancake mix
1 cup water

To make pancakes, beat eggs in a large bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Alternately, add water and pancake mix. Blend well. Preheat griddle. Pour 1/3 cup batter on griddle.

The oatmeal pancake recipe came out of our monthly news that our electric company sends out. It looks so good but we keep making it for everyone else that we haven't had a chance to get any for ourselves.

Enjoy!!

Oh ya when we have the chili I also make a garlic drop biscuit.

Warning cheese and milk are estimates. I can't find the original recipe so I made do with a simple buscuit recipe brom Bisquick and eyeballed the rest.

21/4 cups Bisquick mix
about 3/4 cups milk
about 1 cup cheese

Heat oven to 450. Combine ingredients and mic intil a soft dough forms. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto (it says ungreased but I spray with Pam) ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 min or until golden brown.

While biscuits are cooking mix up a garlic butter. I just microwave 1/2 a stick of butter and add garlic to taste.

Remove biscuits from oven and spoon, pour or brush (however you do it) garlic butter over biscuits.

Sorry about the jumbled recipe but I did warn ya. I kinda just threw it together from memory and a biscuit recipe. lol I do a lot of combining recipies around here. Sometimes my poor husband doesnt know what supper is going to be.

These are such cool ideas!
wee.gif
I'll have to try making some.

So far, I've made apple butter from my backyard apples, and this weekend, my stepmom and I made 75 dozen cookies. We'll repeat the marathon next weekend, and then send them to everyone on our Christmas list. No pics, since all the cookies are at my stepmom's house.

Back
Top Bottom