Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

I'm on day 22 with 18 eggs, yesterday some started wobbling about, when I woke up this morning I found that I had a pip, but at the wrong end of the egg.
I am worried that it isn't going to be able to hatch properly, this isn't my first time hatching but I've not actually came across this before. I'm also worried the membrane might start to dry out, when she I intervene? Advise please someone....

wrong end pips aren't the end of the world but they do have a higher chance of being fatal to the chick if the zip is too fast or they pip though a vien. for now it's best to treat it like a normal egg unless you see blood coming from the egg then try to stop it with dry paper towels (most of the time you won't see bleeding until the damage is done) if the membrane is drying out turning a dark brown etc use warm water with a q-tip to wet it again but unless the chick is over 24 hours over due i wouldn't say to assist futher then that

Day 12. I can't get a clear enough picture with my camera. But does this air cell look the right size for day 12? I'm worried about the humidity, i don't have a humidity reader. All 7 eggs have this sized air cell, extensive veining and movement.

Last edited:
Day 14

Day 12. I can't get a clear enough picture with my camera. But does this air cell look the right size for day 12? I'm worried about the humidity, i don't have a humidity reader. All 7 eggs have this sized air cell, extensive veining and movement.

they look really good. if you can get to a walmart they have a humidity and temp gouge for 9 bucks or at petsmart they have just the humidity gouge for 10 bucks

they look really good. if you can get to a walmart they have a humidity and temp gouge for 9 bucks or at petsmart they have just the humidity gouge for 10 bucks
I'm in Macedonia, no Wallmart here! lol but i think i can find one pretty cheap. It's on my to-do list!

My incubator is an improvised cupboard that i wasn't using, with a light sellotaped inside! About as minimalistic as you can get and cost me absolutely nothing as i just found everything lying about the house. I'm hoping it works! Seems to be, so far as good
big_smile.png

I'm in Macedonia, no Wallmart here! lol but i think i can find one pretty cheap. It's on my to-do list!

My incubator is an improvised cupboard that i wasn't using, with a light sellotaped inside! About as minimalistic as you can get and cost me absolutely nothing as i just found everything lying about the house. I'm hoping it works! Seems to be, so far as good
big_smile.png

yeah after my first failed hatch i thought it was my styro incubator that was bad but it turns out it was the eggs. the new duck eggs I've got now are doing fine and look like they all well be making lock-down fists up for homemade bators
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom