She HID her eggs from me!!

sonderah

Songster
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Hardinsburg, Ky
So, one if my red sex links was in the nest box today when I went out. I filled food and water and when I turned to look at her, she was hiding the egg she'd just laid under the straw!! It was so funny to watch her. I'm thinking maybe she is fixing to go broody on me. I still took her egg, and found a few more hiding. She pecked me and growled, but wasn't painfully ferocious or anything. It was kind of cute!!

So, one if my red sex links was in the nest box today when I went out. I filled food and water and when I turned to look at her, she was hiding the egg she'd just laid under the straw!! It was so funny to watch her. I'm thinking maybe she is fixing to go broody on me. I still took her egg, and found a few more hiding. She pecked me and growled, but wasn't painfully ferocious or anything. It was kind of cute!!

YOU HAVE A BROODY HEN!

let her have her eggs and you will have chicks, assuming you have a rooster of course. alot of times when they really badly want to go broody they will hide em growl at you and peck at you , it is all normal for a broody hen, CONGRATS!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
Broody hen!!!

Let her have chicks, then post pics in a few weeks!
droolin.gif
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom