She just stopped laying...HELP

taffee50

Chirping
Apr 3, 2015
Ione Ca
One of my girls (breed unk) was broody two nonths ago. A month later, she came out of it. She has also stopped laying eggs completely. We have 5 and she is the only one who wont lay. Its hot out, but they have fans on the coop. Whats up with her? The only reason she isnt bbq is I just dont have the heart to do that.:(

Broodiness takes a lot out of a hen - she is still recuperating. She may even molt before she restarts laying.

Thank you for help she is still not laying and our pullets have started laying they are not kids anymore I guess this one will just be decorative until she gets out of her funk. she is acting like a normal chicken just not laying. On the upside we refer to our Americauna as old faithful because she lsys every day as do most of our girls

What color is her comb? If it is still pale and wrinkly, she had not started to cycle after the broodyness. I am not sure from your post, if she hatched eggs or not.

If she didn't have eggs, it is considered better to break them of broodiness, as being broody is so hard on them. They recover more quickly.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom