She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

lau.gif
Hey yer the varmint what done started all this
somad.gif

Ok, to a more serious point. I'm at the end of my second incubation in my beloved Brinsea. @scflock you helped me with my stupid humidity problem a month back. There are 3 eggs left in the bator, how do I tell if they're dead? They're nasty cause Blob (you know who I'm refferring to, @AmyLynn2374 ) crawled all over them, so I would prefer as limited physical contact with them as possible

Ok, to a more serious point. I'm at the end of my second incubation in my beloved Brinsea. @scflock you helped me with my stupid humidity problem a month back. There are 3 eggs left in the bator, how do I tell if they're dead? They're nasty cause Blob (you know who I'm refferring to, @AmyLynn2374 ) crawled all over them, so I would prefer as limited physical contact with them as possible
AmyLynn can tell you how to make sure they are dead. For me, late day 23=dead, and I don't even check

Poor little Blob.

AmyLynn can tell you how to make sure they are dead. For me, late day 23=dead, and I don't even check
He's not lying. He pulls the plug and doesn't look back.....

Today is day 21 and everyone else already hatched, died early, or weren't fertile. And the bator stinks, thanks to Blob, so I would like to clean it out asap
Well, if there are no pips it wouldn't hurt to take them out, clean the bator and put them back in if you wanted to give them more time. Usually w/in 24 hours after my last hatcher I candle and look for internal pips/movement, any sign of life. With mine, I can usually just tell. I go with my gut. If I really don't know I'll give it another 24, but generally, no pips or movement 24 hours after the last hatcher is the first sign. I don't do the float test, but many people will to see if they wiggle. If I decide they aren't viable anymore I do eggtopsies starting in the air cell to double check for life and moving down to a full eggtopsy.

Back
Top Bottom