She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I placed an order with GFF! Three ayam cemani chicks will be on their way to me February first, along with a trio of CCLs. It's only January and I've already spent $600 on chicks
th.gif
Well, I'll make it back - each AC will just have to lay 6 eggs and if I sell them they'll be paid for. Expensive breed I got myself into! But they're so beautiful it's worth it.

Also my brother is way into Star Wars again since the new one came out (and not gonna lie, so am I) so I've agreed to name my next AC rooster that I keep Vader. The one after that will probably be Kylo Ren. The blurb on GFF starts "Welcome to the dark side" so it's appropriate, I think.

I've seen the price list on GFF
th.gif

If I thought I could sell offspring for even half of what they charge, I wouldn't mind buying from them, but $70 for BCM chicks? No one here in SE Canada is paying that. Not way down by the NY border.

I've heard that Australian aracaunas have a different standard than here in the US - I believe yours aren't rumples. Are they still tufted? I think it's interesting how different the breed is in our different countries.

Yes, the standard here allows green eggs, with or without rumps, or tufts. I should have rumped, tuftless.

I placed an order with GFF! Three ayam cemani chicks will be on their way to me February first, along with a trio of CCLs. It's only January and I've already spent $600 on chicks :th Well, I'll make it back - each AC will just have to lay 6 eggs and if I sell them they'll be paid for. Expensive breed I got myself into! But they're so beautiful it's worth it.

Also my brother is way into Star Wars again since the new one came out (and not gonna lie, so am I) so I've agreed to name my next AC rooster that I keep Vader. The one after that will probably be Kylo Ren. The blurb on GFF starts "Welcome to the dark side" so it's appropriate, I think.

Wowza... I do hope you get a good replacement for your hen... had a roo named Vader... was a blackie Silkie... OH named him that cuz he said he looked like the helmet when he stood in the middle of the pen... :gig

Back
Top Bottom