She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Love that coop:thumbsup
The pulley door is a great idea

Thanks. He has good ideas sometimes
1f60f.png

You know for a guy... LOL, kidding, kind of.

Are you meaning two poles, one higher than the other, but one further away from the wall?  I don't have the height.  I extended the pole lengthwise, they just won't go over there.  They sit on the floor below the pole where the others are sitting. 

Not a bad hatch, and those babies are adorable!!  Kissable!!  And the LO's too.  I'm not partial to them or anything... ;)
And the coop is looking awesome!  I still need to paint mine too.  (all 3 of them!)  Did you see all the pretty colored ones posted several days ago?  I wish I was bold enough to go with a bright color, but I think I'm going to go brown/green for camoflauge.  Still might paint the grow-out coop pink... (or pink and baby blue?)

I have 5 doubtfuls left in there, and one polish left that has pipped but not zipped yet.  Should be out within the next few hours  :fl    Not sure if my temperature fluctuations the last 4-5 days did them in or what.  :(   My LO's were so much better.

Thanks! I know baby chicks are like the cutest things ever. My orpingtons were so cute when they were babies too. I just can't believe how sweet they are, last night both the girls just let me pet them and they perch on my arms
1f60d.png

The rooster we're keeping is my five year
olds, so my little guy has to go. But her rooster is a sweetie, I hope he stays that way, he also has blue feathers growing in, he's going to be handsome. But he is so calm I can't believe it, other people who see him say it too, I hear people say when they hit puberty they can get mean (roosters in general) but I just hope he stays nice!

I did see all the pretty colored coops! I loved them all, I think I'm going to paint ours red, but yellow would be nice too. Go with camo! But the pink coops were cute too, hard to decide.

I hope yours hatch! Since this hatch started early I've lost hope for mine, your babies are on time though, which makes me believe its
more plausible that you'd have a few later hatchers. I'll do some eggtopsies, because I have to know. But I didn't see internal pips even, and they're not rocking at all, when I played chirping to the others that hatched, they rocked a lot.

Ack! I'm so sick of this site eating my posts, anyways for the second try:

How cute!
1f60d.png
1f423.png

Congrats on the babies! How's the rest of the hatch going?

I've hatched 8 out of 11 so far, 3 left in the incubator. I candled last night, I thought I saw
movement but I think I'm just desperate to see anything. Figures they're the AM eggs too, so I only have a couple of those. I can't wait to do another hatch, I wish I could squeeze one more in this summer. I'm going to shoot for another come August/September.

I have to say though these BLRW's are so cute

And an AM:

My husband is almost done with the coop too. Needs some stain (I'm thinking red) he used an old window for a pulley door. It's nice because it gets a little sun, but the coop is in the shade too. We also need to add some ventilation, and he has to put the nesting boxes in. We have a while before we need those though. Also need the run- but they'll
be free ranging too, and a ramp for them to get in and out. But it's a good start. Also, I think my other orpington is a roo, so he'll have to go. My husbands best friend wants him so he can go there. Also I have black spots coming in some, on my lighter girl, so I think she'll be splash.

The door is see through? I love that it adds light, but I hope a sudden scare doesn't send them plowing into it thinking it's open :)

I thought of one upside in regards to waiting for a September hatch- maybe I can squeeze a Brinsea out of hubby for my birthday
1f602.png

I really did enjoy the hatch, the styrofoam
isn't bad, and I like putting the hard work into it. Not that a Brinsea isn't work, or any other bator for that matter, but I did enjoy the science behind it all, and the different techniques and trying the dry hatch. I am a stay at home mom so I had the time, but when I have newborn twins and two other kids come August, I don't think I'll have the time to babysit the incubator.

I do want the bigger Brinsea though, what's it hold like 25 eggs?

I did see all the pretty colored coops! I loved them all, I think I'm going to paint ours red, but yellow would be nice too. Go with camo! But the pink coops were cute too, hard to decide.
Red is the tried and true color for a coop. My first coop was red, although it's now the one that you saw was seafoam green with pink shutters
roll.png

That's when I painted the biggest one red so the neighbors wouldn't start talking
gig.gif

I thought of one upside in regards to waiting for a September hatch- maybe I can squeeze a Brinsea out of hubby for my birthday
1f602.png

I really did enjoy the hatch, the styrofoam
isn't bad, and I like putting the hard work into it. Not that a Brinsea isn't work, or any other bator for that matter, but I did enjoy the science behind it all, and the different techniques and trying the dry hatch. I am a stay at home mom so I had the time, but when I have newborn twins and two other kids come August, I don't think I'll have the time to babysit the incubator.

I do want the bigger Brinsea though, what's it hold like 25 eggs?
My octagon 20 will hold 24 large eggs no problem, I have had 28 polish in it, and 36 bantams

The door is see through?  I love that it adds light, but I hope a sudden scare doesn't send them plowing into it thinking it's open :)

Yes, It's an old window from our house, I hope they don't run into it either! Haha can you imagine? We put the rope pulley system so I can clip it to the side there, and hold it open. It's a very heavy double pane window. Then they can come and go all day as they please.

Ack! I'm so sick of this site eating my posts, anyways for the second try:

How cute!
1f60d.png
1f423.png

Congrats on the babies! How's the rest of the hatch going?

I've hatched 8 out of 11 so far, 3 left in the incubator. I candled last night, I thought I saw
movement but I think I'm just desperate to see anything. Figures they're the AM eggs too, so I only have a couple of those. I can't wait to do another hatch, I wish I could squeeze one more in this summer. I'm going to shoot for another come August/September.

I have to say though these BLRW's are so cute

Chicks are super cute. I'm jealous of the BLRW. I purchased shipped eggs for $50 and ended up with 0. I love the coop door.

Now to the important question. Why do you have a grappling hook!? That is freaking awesome!
cool.png

Red is the tried and true color for a coop. My first coop was red, although it's now the one that you saw was seafoam green with pink shutters:rolleyes:
That's when I painted the biggest one red so the neighbors wouldn't start talking:gig

Ha. I like the sea foam and pink, I do.
I want to paint my front door red so they'll match.

My octagon 20 will hold 24 large eggs no problem, I have had 28 polish in it, and 36 bantams

Yeah that's perfect. I can get my Maran eggs and make me some Olive Eggers!

Just put your mouth and face on it, blow really hard, and get them used to it...
th

Hahahahah OMG stahhhhhp it. That's how you say "stop it," in Northerner
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom