She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

35 turkeys undressed, chillin' and ready to go!

Conformation in a heritage turkey: while the overall size and amount of meat is a factor, more important is the conformation.

Sorry for the photo quality, but I had to rush processing as we are now expecting 5-8" of snow tomorrow and needed to beat the weather. Here is a "low grade" bronze dressed out. Note the prominent keel:

Here is another bird of the same weight with a "good" keel:

These were both destined for the table, the better birds are still in the coop. :)

And we figured out who lays the pretty olive eggs. She laid again today!

Very nice looking hen. What breed?

Looks like it could be sinus infection... I think you can use Tylan for that, but I'm not sure...

She doesn't appear to have any other symptoms :( idk what to do. I posted a thread in the emergency forum, but no replies :(

Untreated it can lead to loss of an eye in severe cases...oxytetracycline generally knocks it down, Tylan is next best.  

Is that something I can get from TSC or FFH? Should I quarantine her?

She doesn't appear to have any other symptoms
sad.png
idk what to do. I posted a thread in the emergency forum, but no replies
sad.png

Is that something I can get from TSC or FFH? Should I quarantine her?
Go for the simple solution first--check for something in the eye.

I have never used anti biotics.

35 turkeys undressed, chillin' and ready to go! Conformation in a heritage turkey: while the overall size and amount of meat is a factor, more important is the conformation. Sorry for the photo quality, but I had to rush processing as we are now expecting 5-8" of snow tomorrow and needed to beat the weather. Here is a "low grade" bronze dressed out. Note the prominent keel: Here is another bird of the same weight with a "good" keel: These were both destined for the table, the better birds are still in the coop. :) And we figured out who lays the pretty olive eggs. She laid again today!
Those turkeys look good! Glad you were able to get them done before the snow flies. I am not looking forward to it. We were supposed to have 1-3" by now but its not even snowing yet.

Nice harvest!!
thumbsup.gif

And please put her eggs on the list for me???
big_smile.png
wink.png

Absolutely! But it will be hard to send too many your way within a 48 hour collection window, so we'll need to work out the details. They'll be dated, so even if you get some that were shipped at 5 or 6 days, you'll still know when they were laid.

Back
Top Bottom