Shed Made Into A Coop! Pics Included!

CreativeCowgirl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 22, 2012
I am so excited! I finally made my shed in the backyard into a chicken coop! It was very old and falling apart so I had to completely replace the roof. Well, I actually didn't do it myself since I don't have much experience building things, but I had somebody help me out with it. Then I fenced the yard around it. Here it is:

This one is from behind the shed/coop, so you can see the trees in the yard
smile.png

It still needs some finishing touches, such as ventilation. I haven't made the roosts or nesting boxes yet, but they are coming soon. What do you guys think?

looking good! Do yourself a favor and put your nesting boxes on the outside of your coop! I had mine on the inside of the coop and found that I didn't like scraping poop off of them! So we built new ones and put them on the outside and I wished I had done that from the beginning. Now everyday all I have to do is lift the lid. I don't have to clean the nesting boxes out as much either. I added new roost when I moved the boxes out and I have to in and redo those now because none of my girls go up to the highest one. I have to drop it down about a foot. Hubby keeps complaining that he thought we were done with it. But I keep coming here and getting new ideas! lol!

It looks nice! My coop is an old storage shed as well. But mine is much smaller.

What a great idea to put the nesting boxes outside.
Dianamallory, do the birds stay plenty warm in the winter?
I'm thinking about doing something like this to mine, but I worry they'll be cold.

Back
Top Bottom