Sheds from Home Depot, Fleet Farm, Menards etc.

keeperofthechickens
hitheresmiley.gif

Welcome to the site!
Check out the home page for info on coops, and also this link has info on converting sheds:
http://www.freewebs.com/professorchicken/coops.htm

Check the other threads in this section, I think a couple of people here may have done this!
Good luck!
wink.png

Hi Keeper,
My husband and father in law were going to build me a nice shed. After we priced the materials I decided to buy one at home depot instead. It was actually less than the material and it was delivered in 2 weeks and up in an hour. I have no doubt they could have built something nicer but time was of the essence as I was over zealous and already had the chicks in the house and they were getting big fast! Here's a few pics. Over all I'm happy with it and it wasn't expensive. If I were to do it again I would get a bigger one with another window. It lacks good light.
smile.png
jen

CIMG0083.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

CIMG0429.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

Keeper, the coop like jen has works fine. Stay away from the metal sheds, they heat up in the summer and are not a good choice.

Jen, you easily cut a hole for another window, it would'nt take much with some help.

bigzio

Hi,
The shed I bought at home depot, was from Sheds USA. I just looked up their web site from the invoice and it's not working. It's 8x10 in cedar and I have 15 chickens in it. I would put in another window but I think we'll turn it into a garden shed since it's right near my garden. We have plans to build a barn on our property and when we do the chickens will have a bigger space there. It was great for starting since I wasn't sure I'd like raising chickens, which of course I do.
smile.png
Jen

Back
Top Bottom