She's not responsive??? help please

Forestine

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2020
I have one of my four golden comets non responsive standing in the middle of the back yard with her feathers puffed out, normally if she's sunning she'll move if I bother her but nope I pick her up no problem. Which is a problem since she's normally fussy and so I put water in front of her and no go. Then I put her inside the coop to see how much she moves, she barely moves and when I pick her up she kind of wheezes? I put her in the garage since it's cooler to check maybe she's just too hot, these are my first four chickens ever so I'm not sure if I'm missing a cue or if It's a simple fix. Is this worms, mites or something more dangerous?

Shes a golden comet about 1 year old, her stool is runny with some egg (pic in thread), before she's often very active but doesn't respond to treats and only moves when pushed or prodded at, No mites were seen by her vent, Her crop is normal, And this only appeared today when I noticed she hadn't moved in the yard for an hour or two

update shes drank a little bit when put in front of the bowl and ate a small piece of egg, her crop is squishy and not very full

next day! hurray she's okay she got over it overnight so she must've been egg-bound from what I'm guessing but if anything happens again i'll update here

Last edited:
What is a crop?
The bulge at the front where the food goes before digestion.
1614890247768.png
1614890268614.png

Back
Top Bottom