Shih Tzu Won't Eat???

My two guesses would be she ate something that is lodged in her stomach/intestines or possibly even perferated her somewhere, or it also sounds like it could be parvo. I would definately get her checked out by a vet.

Lack of appetite and chronic vomiting are symptoms that should always be taken seriously and may not be at all related to liking or not liking the food. Could be a bout of pancreatitis, an ulcer, a GI disturbance, or many other things. I would DEFINITELY take her to the vet ASAP.

Something is wrong with your dog, and I don't think it is worms. She could have an abscessed tooth. She could have eaten something. She might have an infection of some sort. She might have gotten injured. Something is amiss. I think she needs to see her doctor.

My friend's brother's dog had symptoms similar to those, and thankfully he ripped a tendon in his foot or they would have just waited the symptoms out. He had heartworms. My friend took her dogs to the vet immediately after finding out about her brother's dog, and was able to catch their heartworm very early on. I'm not saying that's at all what is wrong with your dog, because I have no clue when it comes to this stuff . . . I'm just saying those are the kinds of symptoms that you should be worrying about, especially with another dog which it, whatever it is, could possibly spread to.

We took her to the vet. They did an X-ray but no blockages could be found at all.

She did eat a small amount of food last night (again because Pogo was watching her do it and I guess she enjoys the thrill ride?) but didn't eat after he stopped watching.

I think I might try some different foods or something. The vet said it could possibly be from stress since we DID just move her here 2 or 3 weeks ago. No injuries and she's been vaccinated for Parvo and doesn't have heartworms.

My lab has pancreatitis, so I know those symptoms very well. Her vomiting looks nothing like that.

I thank you all for your help! I really do!

Back
Top Bottom