Shipped Eggs, Detached Air Cell Incubation

It's 11 days until hatch, and I culled 6 more quitters. I now have 9 eggs left of the original 2 dozen. 3 Cream Legbar and 6 Swedish Flower.

2 have wonky air cells, and one has a dodgy looking baby while the other is bopping around in there. The rest look relatively normal and also have _very_ active babies bopping around in their eggs.

Last edited:
The dodgy looking baby was most definitively dead. Everyone else is looking great! Awesome veining, super active, decent air cells. Down to 2 Cream Legbar eggs. Ordered more, odds are not in my favor.

The dodgy looking baby was most definitively dead. Everyone else is looking great! Awesome veining, super active, decent air cells. Down to 2 Cream Legbar eggs. Ordered more, odds are not in my favor.
Sorry about the legbar eggs, I was looking forward to seeing the chicks! Good luck w the rest!

Place called Bresse Farms. Despite the impeccable packing, the post office managed to break one. I have no idea how. I knew I was in trouble from jump with these. I was shocked by the filth though and was too afraid to wash them. I wish I had, just so I would know for sure if it had been shipping damage. I don't think it's the bator, but it could be. I set a dozen eggs last time, and only hatched 6.

I ordered another 6 legbar eggs from another provider. We'll see how it goes.

We are 5.5 days out from hatch day, and everyone is still very veiny and wiggly. I saw a wing while candling! The air cells are starting their final draw down, and I had one that was split in two which has now merged. There are two eggs that have WAY too much air cell, and I'm prepared to assist once I'm sure that yolks are fully absorbed if they manage to internally pip. I'll leave them to it for 2 days, and then pop them out if I have to. There's plenty of air in there.

Back
Top Bottom