shipped eggs question

Yes Orca 5094 I have candled them three or four time and I do not see anything but clear and a dark blub on the bottom of the egg no veining no movement nothing.

I'm going to try again. I have Americana egg coming by the 15th.

3 of the 14 have developed veins. 2 air sacs have very little. One is still quite loose. Today is day 6

Fingers crossed for you! :)

Yes Orca 5094 I have candled them three or four time and I do not see anything but clear and a dark blub on the bottom of the egg no veining no movement nothing.

I'm going to try again. I have Americana egg coming by the 15th.

Yep, sounds like they never started to develop then, so sorry. :/ The dark blob is just the yolk then if there's never been any veining. I wish you better luck with your new batch!

Day 10. I thought I had 3 eggs growing. Turns out I have 4! I don't know how a chick can grow in such a badly shaped air cell. So glad I did not assume the worst and throw it out. My lesson today is never discard eggs before day 10. Some may be late bloomers

Yep, I never discard anything until it's at least at day 10, just to be safe. I've had a few surprise me like that as well! I really hope they all make it to hatch for you! :)

Haven't heard anything about not doing a dry hatch with shipped eggs before. I only hatch ducks though, so I would never consider a dry hatch for them anyway.

I just did a dry hatch with shipped eggs. It was my first time doing shipped eggs, so...
I had a pretty dismal hatch rate (5/12 with 4 surviving) but I also had some other issues besides just the shipped eggs. My own eggs didn't fare so well either (2/5) :/

I'm getting some shipped eggs soon and was wondering if someone can post a picture of what the air sack should look like and perhaps of one that is detached? Is it possible to candle dark chocolate eggs? Also, is it possible to tell if egg is developing on just weight loss or do infertile/ rotten eggs lose weight too? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom