shipped eggs question

I never had good luck with shipped eggs! About 20 percent hatch. At least I get a few new birds from a different bloodline!

I found a nest of eggs in a pile of leaves. They were quite cold. I let them come to room temp and put in bator with Silkie eggs. I can't believe some of them have veins too. It was 18 degrees the day I found them. We shall see

Okay follow chicken addicts I have a question on temp of shipped eggs. The first shipment of eggs I got 19 days ago are now on lock down but I have no faith that any will hatch, they arrived ice cold. Could this be because they froze during shipping?

I have ordered shipped eggs again which are to be shipped tomorrow and the shipper is including a warming pad on top as well as on the bottom keeping the eggs warm.

I found a nest of eggs in a pile of leaves. They were quite cold. I let them come to room temp and put in bator with Silkie eggs. I can't believe some of them have veins too. It was 18 degrees the day I found them. We shall see

Good luck!! You never know. Sometimes eggs can be incredibly resistant, but sometimes not so much. You never know until you try! :)

Okay follow chicken addicts I have a question on temp of shipped eggs. The first shipment of eggs I got 19 days ago are now on lock down but I have no faith that any will hatch, they arrived ice cold. Could this be because they froze during shipping?

I have ordered shipped eggs again which are to be shipped tomorrow and the shipper is including a warming pad on top as well as on the bottom keeping the eggs warm.

Have you candled the eggs that are currently in your incubator? It's possible they could have frozen during shipping, but it never hurts to try and see what happens.

It's not necessarily good to keep eggs warm while being shipped. You don't want them to get warm enough to start developing before they arrive, but then you don't want them to freeze, either. Man, shipping eggs is so full of unknowns! I wish you luck this time around! ^-^

Back
Top Bottom