Shipped eggs- to write all over the box or just fragile?

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
I am sure that this is another great debate, but I am truly curious.

When you ship eggs do you just put fragile on the box? Or do you go into huge detail? Cover the box with chicke graffiti?

If I am shipping eggs I usually put fragile only. If whomever I am sending them to has things they want written on the box I do it.

I can't tell from my hatch rate (not great) that it matters?

What is your experience.

I write on the box Fragile and hatching eggs. I also write "please do not xray". So I guess I'm one of those people that writes all over the box. Oddly enough I just picked up some eggs the other day and my postal person told me they had traveled upside down for ome time because the sender did not mark the box as hatching eggs. She also said they do treat the boxes differently. This is the first I have ever heard of anything like this from the post office and I dont know if it's even true. The eggs all arrived in great shape anyway.

Quote:
yep, my local girls told me that they are very gentle with my boxes but the rest of the way is automated....doesn't matter what you write at all
hmm.png
they said they all get handled the same, nothing special for "fragile" or anything else...

I also believe it does not really matter what you write, however, I do write "Hatching Eggs" and "Fragile" with arrows point up on my boxes

here is what "fragile" got....eggs were good though due to Jody's(hinkjc) packing well...
11313_imag0042.jpg

Back
Top Bottom