Shipping experiences this year? (2022)

Order was for porcelain old English game Bantams. Only places I found them for sale was Ideal and Purely with the supplier being Ideal. They sent porcelain D'uccles instead.

I learned about lavender chickens this year and wanted to get some. I'm a sucker for spots so thought porcelain would be perfect...but maybe next year I'll try again and get lavender Orpington's instead. Not that I need more chickens...lol.

I got my order of Jumbo Cornish Cross todayfrom McMurray. They were sold out of any males until July so I ordered females. They will take a couple more weeks to be the size I want to butcher but that's fine.
All 40 were alive they shipped them last night and I got them this morning, but I live in Iowa and that's were they are too.
They sent me an extra chick, that I said I didn't want. I wish they would have sent an extra meatbird.
When we moved them I counted them and McMurray did send 2 extra meatbirds, and a free chick. However after moving them the dummies got all stressed out and a couple died. I have 39 meatbirds growing right now.

I've ordered three times this year, once from Murray McMurray to California, and twice from Northern CA to Southern. Shipping seems to be taking 2.5-3 days regardless of where they come from. When I ordered a few years ago they arrived on the second day in the morning, every time. Several died from my McMurray batch, but I'm not sure if it was shipping related.

I'm waiting for a package from Northern California now, they've been in USPS custody for over 48 hours, no one knows where they are. They left San Francisco at 2am on 6/8 and it's noon on 6/9 now. A truck could have been in my general metro are a day ago...

The people at my local post office are nice. They are keeping an eye out for them, but that's about all they can do.

I wish since they make you pay for 1-day shipping that you don't get they would at least scan the package as it traveled.

I've ordered three times this year, once from Murray McMurray to California, and twice from Northern CA to Southern. Shipping seems to be taking 2.5-3 days regardless of where they come from. When I ordered a few years ago they arrived on the second day in the morning, every time. Several died from my McMurray batch, but I'm not sure if it was shipping related.

I'm waiting for a package from Northern California now, they've been in USPS custody for over 48 hours, no one knows where they are. They left San Francisco at 2am on 6/8 and it's noon on 6/9 now. A truck could have been in my general metro are a day ago...

The people at my local post office are nice. They are keeping an eye out for them, but that's about all they can do.

I wish since they make you pay for 1-day shipping that you don't get they would at least scan the package as it traveled.
Hope they make it through to you quickly and well.

I have had many orders from Meyers, Most have not been a problem, but they have taken care of me if I had any. These were not this year shipments.

-I had one batch in a very cold late Oct.
5 looked dead of the 17, I revived them but later one revived one did die. In the future I will ask for a heating pad during cold weather.

-I had one die that was crushed by the other chicks. It was smelly by the time it got to me so it must have happened early on. The sad part was it was a LO.

I have 2 orders from 2 hatcheries coming in May. I hope that is warm enough.
Weird, meyers has always put heat ppacks in all my orders. I was worried for my last order as it was 78 here the day they shipped to me but 40 on arrival day, but Meyers had perforated 4 holes, heat pack and i got a bunch of lively healthy chicks..

We’re in Belfair WA and we’ve never had chicks arrive in more than two day until our last two batches. Our local post office is awesome, but there seems to be a hold up somewhere, maybe the Seattle or Tacoma distribution center. We had an order from Metzer take 7 days before it got to our office, a current order from Strombergs that is is probably on its fourth day (they didn’t provide tracking) and another person at our office just got there chicks from McMurray today, which would make them a day late.

Metzer was great and will be sending replacements, but it’s pretty heartbreaking having all those babies die.
Hi Lady of the Landfill: My husband and I are looking at property in southern Belfair and couldn't find any information on-line about the rules for keeping chickens in the area. Do you know where to find it or what the rules are regarding backyard chickens?

Back
Top Bottom