Should brooders have a house or a cave?

Cave or no cave in a brooder?

• Total voters

lilolilman

Songster
Jun 22, 2021
Long Island, NY
Hi guys!

should my gosling brooder have a house or a cave? I don’t see anything that says they should, but all my other pets have some form of a little enclosure and that’s why I ask. My lizards both love their caves and my hedgehog slept in her house every night. I put my hedgehogs old wooden house in with the babies but I think it’s a little too small for them. Either that or they don’t care to go into it. But they definitely like to sit in front of it, kind of like in the entrance - but not all the way in. (God they’re so cute I can’t stand it!)

Before I go invest in a bigger house or cave I just wanted to ask whether they would even like one?

Thanks!

<3 Kimberly

Attachments

• F905C98F-A23B-42F4-8377-0DD468DF569D.jpeg
    F905C98F-A23B-42F4-8377-0DD468DF569D.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I wouldn't bother. If you have trouble keeping an area warm, then one will be beneficial. Geese prefer to sleep out in the wide open. They also grow so rapidly and heat requirements drop so quickly that by 3 weeks they are done with supplemental heat

Goslings may not want to go into a cave, but they definitely like things to snuggle up against. I like to use stuffed animals.
So we put a little house in there which they never used, but we turned it on it’s side and they’re in the all the time. I think it’s just a way for them to snuggle against eachother better :)

Goslings may not want to go into a cave, but they definitely like things to snuggle up against. I like to use stuffed animals.
we got them a hedgehog stuffie but it was too big and the girl was jumping onto it and then jumping on the boy lol:wee

they are often sitting right next to the smaller stuffie dino we got them. adorable!

Back
Top Bottom