Should I Assist?

EasterEggerRose

Chirping
Jun 16, 2022
Help! I think my incubator stinks, because my other incubator produced the healthiest, strongest chicks I've ever seen, but this one is taking forever and the chicks are having a tough time pipping.

Specifically, though, does this chick need help? He's been able to get this far and is still breathing, but it seems like he's stuck. He started zipping over 12 hours ago.
1000005757.jpg

by the lattice, I think we have the same model. it might not be an incubator problem. either way, I would watch carefully, and give 6- 12 more hours before assisting. just speaking from experience.

What's your humidity at? The membrane looks like it's starting to dry a lot. It also looks green in one spot? It looks like he's malpositioned and pipped on the wrong side of the egg, which could be why he's gotten stuck. I'd go ahead and start to assist.

One of my chicks I've currently hatched was stuck to the shell after pipping first was in for about 12 hours so i had to intervene and help get him/her out but had to do It very gently and carefully. Survived and is all fluffy after having to wash it because she/he was all sticky

Back
Top Bottom