Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Thats what I have Red Sex links. How big are their combs and are the real red yet? I only have one with what I would call a full comb and its more red than the others. But that bird was not the one who squatted. They are all the same age.

Thats what I have Red Sex links. How big are their combs and are the real red yet? I only have one with what I would call a full comb and its more red than the others. But that bird was not the one who squatted. They are all the same age.

Here is Ginger. She is the 18 week old that started laying yesterday. Her face and comb are a little redder than this picture shows.

This is buttercup. She squatted for me only once and it was yesterday. She still has not laid an egg. She is also smaller and less filled out than Ginger, but has seemed to fill out some overnight.

You should join the "first egg countdown" if you want. Its really fun and helps to pass the time a little. Also, there are some very helpful people who will share their knowledge with you.

My girls got very vocal about 2 weeks before they laid( well, one laid and the other is still keeping us in suspense, but she is still very vocal and agitated)...lol

Thanks for the pictures. Those look exactly like my birds. And now that you mention "very vocal" my birds are very vocal as well. I noticed that but didn't realize that was a clue to them getting ready to lay. Somebody has been moving things around in the nest boxes as well. Thats something new also. I expect anyday now to find a egg. You have been a great help. Thanks again

If I knew for sure they were "toying" with me we would also be having a contest to see if they can hold their eggs longer than I can hold my scratch.

Back
Top Bottom