Should I cull my rooster with wet fowl pox

The symptoms of fowl pox can be treated however depending on the severity of his infection and what resources you have available would determine if you want to treat or cull. Fowl pox isn't a disease that is know to be transmitted to humans so eating him would not infect you.

Can you post any pictures of the dry pox on others, and the wet pox on the rooster? Since fowl pox is a virus spread by mosquitoes, antibiotics will not usually help. With wet pox, he may not eat well, so keeping him eating and drinking is key to his survival.

Can you post any pictures of the dry pox on others, and the wet pox on the rooster? Since fowl pox is a virus spread by mosquitoes, antibiotics will not usually help. With wet pox, he may not eat well, so keeping him eating and drinking is key to his survival.
The symptoms of fowl pox can be treated however depending on the severity of his infection and what resources you have available would determine if you want to treat or cull. Fowl pox isn't a disease that is know to be transmitted to humans so eating him would not infect you.
I culled him and he is chilling right now but he was running around and fell over breathing heavy so i culled him the ones with dry pox have nothing in the mouth and black bumps on their combs he had wet yellow stuff it wasn’t good when I got the the crop his food was normal but their was yellow wet pox in the throat this is my first time culling and it went surprisingly well I was able to ring his neck without being real devastating his name was rob a black olive egger

Sorry for your loss. Wet pox is much more serious than dry pox. It is good that he isn’t suffering. You ones with dry pox should hopefully all recover in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom