should I put the feed and water inside or outside?

Personal preference. You will get every answer possible on here. I think you just have to decide what works best for you and your chickens. Do remember in this heat that their water should be shaded if you put it outside. Good Luck

I think it is personal preference also. I have the feeder & water in both the run and coop. The run goes under the elevated coop and the feed & water are under there. I just like a little extra insurance incase one runs out while we are away during the day.

If they have access to the coop from the run I would just put it in the coop. Don't leave the food out at night if you choose to put it outside.

There is a school of thought that feeding them inside the coop encourages cannibalism. The person I bought my chickens from told me never to feed them inside, even in winter.

I keep my food inside the coop. My chickens are up and ready to eat at around 4 - 5 AM. I'm not. I feed treats outside.
They have a waterer inside the coop and two outside the coop.

In my "big" girls coop I keep only food. auto waterer in the run. In the "chick" coop I keep food and water in the coop and only water in the run. I don't want to feed all the neighborhood critters expensive food. So I don't feed any one outside. only treats. they go in and out all day long. The only reason I have water in the "chick" coop is because I don't have their automatic pop door installed yet. the big girl coop has a auto door installed and they have access to water until they go to roost and are up with the sun.

Connie

Back
Top Bottom