Show me your blue eggs!

I have three two week old EEs - seeing this post is giving me blue egg fever!!! I hope I hope I hope I get at least one that lays blue eggs! The pics everyone has posted here are just beautiful!

Thanks, mediazeal and ADozenGirlz! I hope she starts laying again soon. Not sure what her deal is...At least she's nice to look at, but I miss the blue egg. The lack of laying worries me a little, though she is new at it, so maybe it's just one of those glitches. I've got 3 of her eggs in an incubator (along with others) and a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana rooster, so I'm hoping to make more blue egg layers! If her eggs hatch, I sure hope at least one is a pullet.

The other eggs in the pics are (clockwise from upper left) Barred Rock, Blue Sex Link, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Red Sex Link, and Gold Laced Wyandotte.

Two more of Boos eggs... Couldn't get the lighting to cooperate with my phone so they look a little greenish... Dunno could just be me.
photo-97.jpg

This one was laid by my blue Ameraucana, Nora. It's soft, which is what she's been laying lately, and it looks like it has enough "paint" on it for three of her eggs! She is my bluest layer, though.

DCP_4493.jpg

In this next pic, the top egg is a late cycle egg from my older blue Ameraucana hen:

DCP_4345.jpg

Pale blue egg at one o'clock position:

348_dcp_4509.jpg

Left to right, Nora (late cycle), Gypsy (black Ameraucana) and a green EE egg from Panda:

DCP_1931.jpg

Quote:
Wow, the egg at the 1 o'clock position does actually look blue and the soft egg in the first pic is just surreal!
thanks for posting these!

Quote:
ooo, that one on the right looks very bluish. Nice deep color.
are they all like that but the photo and light is changing the colors?

CUTE CHICK! congrats

Thanks!

The egg on the right is from from a different hen than the others - and she lays the bluest eggs. Oddly, she's also my only white EE. The photo below is the shell from that egg after the chick hatched. I hope it turns out to be a pullet that lays eggs as blue as her mom's!

26987_blueshellhatched.jpg

Quote:
ooo, that one on the right looks very bluish. Nice deep color.
are they all like that but the photo and light is changing the colors?

CUTE CHICK! congrats

Thanks!

The egg on the right is from from a different hen than the others - and she lays the bluest eggs. Oddly, she's also my only white EE. The photo below is the shell from that egg after the chick hatched. I hope it turns out to be a pullet that lays eggs as blue as her mom's!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/26987_blueshellhatched.jpg

Wow, that one is really blue. Not even a little bit green.
hope you get a pullet!

I read a post somewhere on this site complaining that when you order Ameraucana chicks from someplace (or maybe from most places) that you get EEs. Apparently these are two distict breeds? Who makes the bluest and the greenest eggs? These are beautiful eggs,I want some!

Back
Top Bottom