Show Me your Colors!

This is the color I have been working on for many years ...the "American Pharaoh" Coturnix
I have developed this color from a mutation I found in our Jumbo - Heavy Class type Coturnix...they average above 12 oz. and breed true to color....The deep dark red color is amazing on the males and the females have a hawk type pattern of plumage on their breast...the eggs they lay are very different than most Coturnix and Jumbo eggs between 15 to 19 grams for mature hens of about 10 plus weeks...I'm very pleased in the development of this new plumage color and pattern....I have developed several color pattern over the years but this one has it all ... a Jumbo quail...Jumbo eggs....and color and pattern that is beautiful....

very nice! so do you get 100 percent American Pharaoh chicks when you breed them together? when can you get to a stage when you can call it a new color?

also they're not plumaged out yet, but the hatch I have going on now, look very promising color/pattern wise!

Thanks yeah its my fav, anyone know if its a female or male? i,m not to sure if it has gold spots or the the tibetian banding.

Back
Top Bottom