Show Me Your Runners

Love the pics! and that video 😁 no ducks allowed!

Eh... can't get multi quote to work. Guess I'll do this manually...
Just a few pictures lol. I have Muscovy Runners Buffs and a Cayuga the Runners are the life of the party they are busy,funny and the motto of Runners is, Where we go one we go all and they mean it Rarely do you see one by itself they single file follow each other everywhere. My goose has taken on motherhood of the 2 black drakes who are almost 8 months old. Their eggs to me are like large chicken eggs but I’m comparing them to Muscovy. View attachment 3745010View attachment 3745003View attachment 3745005View attachment 3745007View attachment 3745008
I love these colors, didn't know there were Moscovy Runners! That's great to hear. I really like that they stick and move together seems like a good quality for free ranging.

i keep my geese separate.
But I do have ducks and chickens together, 12 ducks,, three of which are runners. My two chickens boss around all the ducks they even boss my dog around. I have four different food stations. However, this runner wants to eat with the chickens so I made a cute video where she is just trying to get a bite of food out of the chickens dish but they run her off. I think it’s pretty funny if you care to see it here it is.
I like those chickens, they are the boss! I have a couple like that. What breeds are the chickens?

I also have 4 feeding stations for 22 ducks and 8 chickens and 1 goose. All sleep in the same coop but the Muscovy mainly because they are old and don’t need all the craziness that
comes from the younger ones.
That's a dream! That would not work here haha... I had to relocate the chickens to an enclosed pen so they would roost over the geese and crap on them or end up pushing each other off into the goose pen only to not make it out alive heh...

I have Legbar hens who are grave diggers. Honest they dig holes so deep my Runner can lay in it and all you see is her head. This one isn’t as deep as some. View attachment 3745616
My hens have done this too, they've got dust baths all around the house heh.

I love these colors, didn't know there were Moscovy Runners! That's great to hear. I really like that they stick and move together seems like a good quality for free ranging.

I like those chickens, they are the boss! I have a couple like that. What breeds are the chickens?

That's a dream! That would not work here haha... I had to relocate the chickens to an enclosed pen so they would roost over the geese and crap on them or end up pushing each other off into the goose pen only to not make it out alive heh...

Nope forgot the comma I don't have Muscovy Runners, just Muscovy and Runner and Buffs and Cayuga

I think you misunderstood about the Muscovy runners, there aren't any. @Miss Lydia just missed putting in a coma.

I've got 13 runners and will soon have a Rhode Island red rooster! Don't know how that is going to go but I'll give it a try. @Miss Lydia keeps her ducks, chickens,
BB7C1FD8-A416-4355-A95A-02A23CB9D20D.jpeg
2B0B63B2-71D8-44BE-ACDC-C9B84F6EB60C.jpeg
8DBC15E5-4964-4048-B379-25BEE2F8BE51.jpeg
B6F0E36E-62ED-402D-A1BE-A51953765D0F.jpeg
and goose together so I know it can be done.

Just a few pictures lol. I have Muscovy Runners Buffs and a Cayuga the Runners are the life of the party they are busy,funny and the motto of Runners is, Where we go one we go all and they mean it Rarely do you see one by itself they single file follow each other everywhere. My goose has taken on motherhood of the 2 black drakes who are almost 8 months old. Their eggs to me are like large chicken eggs but I’m comparing them to Muscovy. View attachment 3745010View attachment 3745003View attachment 3745005View attachment 3745007View attachment 3745008
Gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom