Show Me Your Tractors!!

We love our tractor. Here's a few pics and the link to how it was built.
100_1622-1.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2216.jpg

We just leave the back door open for free ranging

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=10091-The_Nags_Head

Feel free to check out my page. I tried to detail the making of mine. I also have listed the reasons why I did certain things. I agree with the person that said use 2X2s. I tried to design mine with weight in mind, but it's still pretty heavy. I actually would not do a tractor again. I only did it because I figured my dogs would bother the chickens and the cats eat them. Well the dogs ignore them even when the chickens try to steal their biscuits as they try to eat them. My chickens just free range 95% of the time.

I don't believe you can build a tractor for more than about 5 chickens.

First we have the 4' x 8' with a penthouse.

100_8667-1.jpg

then I have the mini tractor - 3' x 4 1/2' that serves as:
- Isolation pen
- brooder
- grow off pen

100_8689.jpg

100_8687.jpg

AAAAAAARRRGGGGHH!!!!
barnie.gif

Not only do I have a coyote to worry about but today the neighbors's 2 pits got loose and were chasing my girls all over the yard. If if wasn't for the fact that he is a really nice guy and I haven't given him a warning, I would have put a bullet into both of them
somad.gif

I'm going to have them locked in the run until I get the tractor built.

Thanks for all you pics ya'll!!

the most worthless dog on the face of this eath they are good for killing and that is it, i would have shot em anyway

Hubby went and talked to him today. He told us if they were over here chasing the chickens again to let loose on them.
ep.gif
I was shocked to say the least!

He is actually looking at getting rid of them because the kids (his, hers, theirs) spend no time with the dogs. They aren't mean in the least. They actually fell down on the ground and showed their bellies when I started yelling at them. They will beat you to death with their tails.

I hope he finds a home for them because I'll make myself sick for days if I've got to shoot them.

I still going to put a tractor together though.
Thanks ya'll

My DH, DIL & BIL built this for me out of a lot of stuff that was just laying around. I "girlied it up" with the paint job. I have the pics of the inside somewhere! My hens free range a lot, but will be attaching a run this spring.
PICT1884.jpg

PICT1885-1.jpg

PICT1878.jpg

Anybody want to come to FL and build me one?

Nerfy! I love the little chickens and chicken wire painted on your tractor! Great job! It looks like the Martha Stewart chicken tractor.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom