Show Me Your Turkey Runs/coops/enclosures!

Quote:
OMG!!! I love it. After seeing yours, I'm on my way outside to measure an area. You have convinced me.
lau.gif

get bourbon reds and let them free range they dont need a coop they roost in the trees and as long as you leave food and water out they always return to the trees they roost in except when they are setting their eggs like mine are right now

Last edited:
ljewell wrote:
52324_new_roof.jpg
I posted this before but maybe you didn't see it.It is 900sq.ft.Fully enclosed with chicken wire on the top around the oak trees.I live in Naples, Florida so there roost is covered for the afternoon rain also from the sun.Hope this helps you...

ep.gif
th.gif
droolin.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Got started a little late this year, but next season we are planning on starting some turkeys, and would like to bred & keep thru the winter
months.

We have a chicken coop but would like to keep the turkeys seperate especially thru the winter.

Looking for info on how to house turkeys thru the winter in northern climates, snow + cold ?
We built a hoop house this year for some cornish X-rocks, and this would probably work well for pasteuring turkeys in the spring - fall here, but not sure
if something like this would work for turkeys in the winter months ?

Thanks,
Clint

Last edited:
I love the creativity! I'm new to turkeys, and struggle with housing issues, too. I read the turkeys may roam and be gone 3 days; they could leave permanently with the wild flocks that cruise thru; sit high in trees an be safe or roost low and become dinner. Many senerios to ponder.

Back
Top Bottom