Show off your baby chicks!

There is so much great information on this site! I never have to ask a question. I just look it up and find the answer !
Thanks to all !

2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Araucanas and 2 Cream Legbars on the way !

My original 8 GSL girls are entering their ugly phase as more of their feathers are coming in. They're getting so big! Lol

I'm seeing so many pictures of chicks that look like ones I bought but are being called different names. My feather footed bantam and what we were told is an australorp are the biggest question marks. All in all, I'm excited to see them grow and look forward to see what they look like grown. Just a thought. :)

@GaChicklette I'm pretty sure we are naming our coop Sunnydale even though I resisted the urge to name our Buff Buffy lol. Mostly it's because my husband thinks we live in the hell mouth
1f602.png

My original 8 GSL girls are entering their ugly phase as more of their feathers are coming in. They're getting so big! Lol

I'm seeing so many pictures of chicks that look like ones I bought but are being called different names. My feather footed bantam and what we were told is an australorp are the biggest question marks. All in all, I'm excited to see them grow and look forward to see what they look like grown. Just a thought. :)

Lots of chicks look alike but then grow up to be very different. If you get a surprise batch, you should be prepared for surprises. And there are MANY names for the sexlinks. Some because they are trademarked "brands" (not breeds), some because they have a different combination of parent stock.

I'm reading this thread at works and cooing over the cuties! I want chicks so badly! I just don't have the room and I refuse to overcrowd my coop.

love.gif
That being said, if anyone needs a chicksitter - I'm your gal! Thanks for sharing pics!

All 4 are meat chickens. My son bought these with his own money, he said "If I don't save
them Mom somebody is going to eat them"!

You'll want to do some reading on restricted feeding. The modern meat chicken can grow faster than its skeleton and organs can support leading to a very poor quality of life.

Back
Top Bottom