Show off your Black Australorp

Pics

This is our matriarch hen Yvonne. She's my cuddle bum and a poser. I'll be glad when this old pen that our 3 older hens are in is able to be torn down and my girls can move up from the ravine. This pen has served well for 3 years but it's time to keep a closer eye for the foxes and raccoons.

Here are my four 5 month old girls. Still waiting for eggs, seems like an eternity!

Galvinj I know the feeling! My black Australorps are 4 months old and I can't wait for eggs!
Well they turned 6 months Sunday and two of them have produced three eggs and a soft shell this week. Finally!!
The other two should follow in a couple of weeks according to the the color of their combs and waffles.

Well they turned 6 months Sunday and two of them have produced three eggs and a soft shell this week. Finally!!
The other two should follow in a couple of weeks according to the the color of their combs and waffles.

I'm somewhat new to chicken raising, how does the comb indicate when they'll start laying eggs?

sorry my camera date is broken, here are our black & blue Aussie hens around 1 year old sleeping together, & eating together. just 2 happy girls .
we have 21 Aussies all together including our 17 chicks at 2 days old above,

our Aussie boy Blue the roo , had just started molting & lost hie entire tail poor guy , he is the most sweet roo ever

we also have a splash roo, & i will post pictures of him soon , both our roos are about a year old, cant wait for all the blue chicks , we plan on in the future to arrive . any one interested in blue Aussie chicks PM me, have a good one all Dianna : )
frow.gif

Last edited:
How much would a BA pullet right at pol sell for? We are over our limit and need to sell a couple. They are pets though, so a good home is more important than money. Just curious about selling a feed store pullet. Here's a pic of ours.

Back
Top Bottom