Show off your Black Australorp

Pics
can anybody send me pics of your chickens when they were chicks? i think i may have a black rooster but not sure!! when he was purchased it only said mixed bantam breed. This is him!!

can anybody send me pics of your chickens when they were chicks? i think i may have a black rooster but not sure!! when he was purchased it only said mixed bantam breed. This is him!!
I don't have pictures but I can help. Watch how he behaves around other chicks. If he true to dominate other chicks and gets into fights he could be a roo. If he is under one week old you can feather sex him. You can look up how to do it. Hens usually get tail feathers first. Compare his tail feathers to other chicks his age.

here's my problem, i only have one of him(in question) bc i got two bantams from TSC that were assorted. I got him and a very tiny yellow one that is now turning white and black tips almost, no signs of a comb or waddle. I have had people tell me they are Australorp's but nothing that can really define them to me. they currently are about 3 weeks old, i've been told they looks younger than that, but they are not. I bought them 3 friday's ago and even then they were a few days old.

Australorp chick - sex as yet unknown. I have two - they boss each other steadily - but they run from the smaller Tetra Tint chicks who also boss each other steadily.

I just want to say I love my Australorp. She is currently setting her second clutch of eggs and is doing fabulously.

Back
Top Bottom