Show off your chicken names!!!

Current chicks are two 3-week-old mutts, Una and Geronimo. Una because she's got one leg, Geronimo because he's more cannonball than chicken.

Also Sugar and Spice, the 3-month-old silkies. Pretty sure Sugar (white) is a cockerel and Spice (buff) is a pullet. Sugar is super chill, I'm hoping to volunteer with him as a "therapy chicken."

Mixed among our other flock are:

Summer, Joey, Nala, and Duckie the Buff Orpington girls;
Twisty, a Barred Rock "donation" from the neighbors, so named because a cat attack left her with a tail permanently tilting to the left;
Lady, Duchess, and Princess, bantam mixes (Princess is Una and Geronimo's mom);
Snow, a gray bantam mix hen who was much whiter as a chick;
Red, a rooster with a very large comb and wattles;
and McClellan, our head honcho Aracauna mix rooster who we have had for years.

Past chickens have included Patty, Bailey, Freddie, Valentino, Henrietta (who turned out to be a Henry), Little Brown, Whitey, Angel, Maisy, Odessa, Jane, Gracie Marie, September Maple, and (my all-time favorite, rest in peace) Chippy, a spunky Americauna who attacked everything that moved, except me.

This is Leo, my Buff Orpington Roo. He was one of four, but gave the other 3 away.

I have

Benedict, Scrambled, Poached, Sunny, Chip - my sweet buff orpingtons

Oreo (our bestest roo ever) and Cookie who are australorpes

Noah is an easter egger (female - but it just fits)

Bean- not sure yet.. but has an undiagnosed breed and is rocking a mowhawk

my 3 silkies- Ginger, Marilyn (actually a marvin now), and Liz - (who became Lawrence)

I have a rhode island red chick name Pauloa

and a white chick - with black spots - we are calling Mystery

Our first 5 rhode island red chickens were named after the teletubbies. Then after 2 moved on because they were roosters, we renamed our 3 chickens crumby, po and i forgot the other one. Then we got 3 silkie chickens which we named after the character jack sparrow and mitsubishi. Unfortunately mitsubishi died because of a virus. Then we got 4 isa browns whose names were beautiful, random, crazy and wierd. After that we bought gandalf, a rooster so jacksparrow the hen had two chicks that were named pip and zip. They were the last additions to our hosehold so far. We are also planning to get 4 more chicks and we think they are goung to be named after lord of the ring characters

i have three old hens and 20-40 new raise young hens also few young older chicks but there also 6 roosters & also 8 new chicks as well too.but one red rooster hasn't got are name yet

ashleigh
snowhite
rain cloud
Custard
Abby
rusty Jr
snowman
shimmer
bobby
red wine
pepper
salt
starlight
moonlight
cotton
foxy
ice-cream
Polly
Chloe
Kate
Cathy
darcie
snowflake
icebock
coconut
and all others they have not got names yet ether i don't you all come some names for 8 chicks i would love best names for them and maybe older 5 chicks as well too.

Quote:
Oh my that might be difficult. I guess maybe the barring when they get older might look different and perhaps sizewise, but that will be tough.

Back
Top Bottom