Chicken names. Post them here!

Ok, I've gotten through page 5 on the date of this post but I have a lot more to go. Still there is a TON more names in the first post from just the first 5 pages. I'll keep at it when I have time!
frow.gif

Keep adding names, I'll get to them sooner or later.
thumbsup.gif

I love these! I have 9 10 week olds that have names, but I need to name a few of my new babies (2 weeks old) so this helps.

Here are mine that I did name - all hens but one:

Australorp - Pandora
Barred Plymouth Rock - Boo
Black Silkie - Gizmo
2 Buff Orpingtons - Big Bertha and Buffy
Colombian Wyandotte - Ophelia
Easter Egger - Laverne (next spring hoping to get Shirley)
Golden-Laced Wyandotte - Ezmiralda
Buff Laced Polish - Pączki (pronounced Poont-chki)
2 Rhode Island Reds - Thelma and Louise
2 Salmon Faverolles - Ruth and Boaz (that's my roo!!)
Silver Spangled Hamburg - Hamburgler (dh named this one, poor little girl, may have to change this one!! She's way to beautiful for "hamburgler"!!)
Speckled Sussex - Nugget
White Leghorn - Daenerys (Pronounced Day-nair-ees) and she is THE QUEEN!!

and the babies (all girls) yet to be named are:

Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte - (I'm thinking "Cordelia")
Partridge Cochin - (I'm thinking "Ursula")
Partridge Plymouth Rock - (I'm thinking "Portia")

Last edited:
My kids named ours: Reese (an EE) - "Because he looked like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup" and Kelly (a BO) "Named after our favorite place to eat breakfast, duh mom"

I would use classic literature characters if I had my choice....hmmm...maybe I should get more chicks....

Cute!
big_smile.png

I love it when the kids name them!

lroth you must keep "Hamburgler" I like it (or let her come up with a more feminine name herself).
lol.png

ghchickenfamily now my DH wants one named Reeses! That's his favorite candy.
tongue.png
& yes, you most definitely should get more chicks!!!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I'm not nearly creative enough it seems. I named my birds in the order they started laying. I have 27! So the first ones were Una, Dua, Tria, Catre, Quinta, etc, but after a while, we just started calling all of them Hennretta.

Awesome thread, We have twenty first time chicks due to arrive any day and We will eventually get around to naming them. I am amazed that I found all these names all in one place! This is an awesome place!

Quote:
Thank you!!! It was a lot of work putting it together and a quite a few BYCers helped as well. Good luck on your new chicks! I hope they thrive!

Back
Top Bottom