Show off your Indian Runners!

This guy was at the Pa Farm Show... What I would do to have a runner this color!!!!!
Where can I get one!
Do you have a photo of the front of him? Or maybe of a female "trout"? I think that he may be a gray (mallard color) because I don't think that trout is a recognized color yet. I have both grays and trouts........ In the males they are almost the same color, but the belly on the trouts is lighter colored: gray on the grays, and lighter (almost white) on the trouts.

Do you have a photo of the front of him? Or maybe of a female "trout"? I think that he may be a gray (mallard color) because I don't think that trout is a recognized color yet. I have both grays and trouts........ In the males they are almost the same color, but the belly on the trouts is lighter colored: gray on the grays, and lighter (almost white) on the trouts.
Yeah its a gray.... I went to the farm show to buy him and his mate at any cost! Waited 4 1/2 hours of just standing waiting for the guy to show... and to find out they where sold to someone in Mass...!!!!!!!! So after 80 miles (one way) 4 1/2 hours of waiting to be turned down.. Can you say upset??? But I did come home and my eggs hatched!!!!!!! I have a thread on the Ducks section of the ducklings :)

Last edited:
Just took these this morning. My 5 blue runners, 1 muscovy, 1 white runner and a trio of hookbills.
smile.png
Kept back all the best ones out of the batch and I love them!

Went out to Vaseline chicken combs tonight and guess who must have jumped into the hen house?! Ivy...
lau.gif
My duckies have a perfectly nice straw-bedded, insulated dog house, but about 3 weeks ago, they decided to try sleeping in the hen house. They found out how to use the ramp door. SO, I started shutting the ramp door and leaving the side door open. Chickens can jump in, ducks can't right? Well, apparently Ivy is out to prove me wrong....GOOF.

Yeah its a gray.... I went to the farm show to buy him and his mate at any cost! Waited 4 1/2 hours of just standing waiting for the guy to show... and to find out they where sold to someone in Mass...!!!!!!!! So after 80 miles (one way) 4 1/2 hours of waiting to be turned down.. Can you say upset??? But I did come home and my eggs hatched!!!!!!! I have a thread on the Ducks section of the ducklings :)
There are quite a few people that still sell the Gray runner ducklings (Holderread's used to, but it's one of the colors they discontinued). Sandhill is one, and Johnson's Waterfowl is another,

There are quite a few people that still sell the Gray runner ducklings (Holderread's used to, but it's one of the colors they discontinued). Sandhill is one, and Johnson's Waterfowl is another,
I will have to look those 2 places up. I am so heart broken over it. I really wish I didn't waiste an entire day.. standing...
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom